I have extensive
this field, having started this type of translation about 1985. My work
this area covers a broad spectrum, which over the years has included:
- Corporate environmental reports, ISO 14001 manuals, etc.
- Translations for NGOs, citizens' groups, and major environmental
- Government reports and documents for international conferences
- NGO presentations and position papers for international
- Research reports and scientific papers by government-affiliated
- Research reports by private institutions
- State of the Environment in Asia. Books originally in
Japanese, which I have translated. My translation of the second volume
in this series was published in November 2002. Follow the links for
information on these books in Japanese and English.
- English translation of IT Pollution
(IT Osen), Iwanami, 2001.
Parts published separately in journals: (1) Yoshida, Fumikazu. "IT
Problems in Asia," Economic Journal of Hokkaido University,
2003. (2) Yoshida, Fumikazu. "Information technology waste problems in
Japan," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, vol. 5, no.
249-261, Springer, 2002.
- Translation of Junkan-gata Keizai. The
translation was published as The Cyclical Economy of Japan
by Hokkaido University Press.
With the arrival of peak oil and the ever-growing importance of
renewables and other alternative energy sources, the energy field is
now more vital than ever. Doing work in the energy field has for me
also been a natural outgrowth of work in the environment field. My
experience in this area covers fossil fuels, renewables (mainly wind,
solar thermal and PV, and biofuels), and nuclear.
- Powder technology. A sideline which I have been doing for about
- Battery technology. Another sideline, in which I have about 11